From the desk of Principal Weishaar:
Greetings RM Families,
I hope each of you are enjoying your summer days with your families! We are already gearing up for a GREAT 2017-2018 school year.
I am sending out this email to update you on important dates as you prepare you for the school year. First, the offices in SMSD officially open tomorrow, July 25th. We welcome you to come in or call from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday. I want to encourage you to spread the word to new families in your neighborhood to come enroll as soon as possible. Accurate numbers allow us to hire more staff for the year should we exceed classroom to student ratios in a specific grade level. If you have moved out of our attendance area, please give us a call so we can get records ready to send to your new building.
We are excited to welcome the following teachers to our building for the 2017-2018 SY!
5th grade: Mrs. Kathleen Palermo
4th grade: Ms. Blair Smith
Art: Ms. Julia Shaw
First Day of School
The first day of school for grades 1st-6th, August 11th, will be an early dismissal day in SMSD. All students will be released at 12:30pm. We will spend the day going over our positive behaviors at Ray Marsh of being respectful, responsible, and safe throughout the year. The teachers will be leading our kids through different stations throughout the building in order to set everyone up for success and teach any new students our routines at Ray Marsh.
August Important Dates
- August 9th-Sneak-a-Peek 4:30-6:00.
- Find out your teacher, explore the school, drop off supplies, and sign up for PTA events.
- August 11th-First day for grades 1st-6th. Early dismissal 12:30pm
- August 15th-Kindergarten first day. Kindergarten parent coffee on the patio at 8:15a
- August 17th-Back to School Night. Info coming at later date.
- August 29th-PTA Meeting in library 6:30p